Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Doi Suthep the Wat on a Hill

I've noticed that much of my time in Thailand has been devoted to looking at Temples but they are just so darn gorgeous. The photos really don't do them justice. All of the historical, architectural and religious importance of each of these temples is fascinating. The final Wat I'll write about (for a bit at least) is Doi Suthep or Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep is located on a hill overlooking Chiang Mail. So not only did I get to see a very important temple, but I also had an opportunity to see the city from a birds-eye view. 

Yep, I sure did walk up all those steps. I might have been a bit out of breath at the top but it was also 85 degrees out so... whatever.


So many people were paying their respects and praying.





And this was the scene from Doi Suthep. That down there is the city of Chiang Mai. 


And these were just plain pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment