Tuesday, March 1, 2011

4 Month Travel-versary

February 27th marked the half way point in my 8 month adventure. I'm writing this as I sit in a hostel somewhere in Vienna, eagerly anticipating the arrival of my parents. My final few days in Belgrade were fantastic and full of fun adventure (I'm a fan of alliteration).

My journey from Belgrade to Vienna took 13 hours, overnight train so there was some sleeping. Except when I had to switch trains at Bucharest and once again, believing in the good nature of people I trusted a (legit this time) station employee to tell me the correct train and, without my asking, grabbed my bag and starting walking towards the train. History repeating itself? Well, he did demand money I gave him the only thing I left in my pocket 2 Euros and he demanded 10. The first thing I do after he finally leaves me alone is ask everyone within a 2 car radius if they are also heading to Vienna and everyone is! Success-ish.

The moral of this story is, even though I've been traveling for 4 months, people can still sense that I have no idea what I'm doing. Unlike 4 months ago however, I handle these situations with far more grace (well, like I said, in comparison with the me of 4 months ago).

Four months, at times it feels like they've flown by, others, it feels more like a year.

Soon to come: Updates from Vienna! Give me some time though, I'm going to enjoy the few days I have with my parents so I may or may not be updating this page as frequently.

Also, if you would like to see more picture from Belgrade you can follow this link: Serbia or "Only in the Balkans"

No comments:

Post a Comment