Monday, January 31, 2011

My Date With the Juraj Dobrila University of Pula


Today the Professor who happens to own the hostel where I am currently the only guest, allowed me to accompany him to his office and then set up a meeting between myself and the director of finance and mobility in international exchange. I know that is a mouthful but Ivana was very helpful. She previously worked for Hewlett-Packard in Zagreb and, as she put it, is "very business minded." Meaning all of my questions and vague ideas of what these future programs might look like were met with constant reality checks. We discussed what programs look like now, how the university is switching to the Bologna Process (more info here but really it sounds like a pain) in order to assimilate to the EU's higher education standards, how that is effecting (positively) the possibility of student exchange within Europe, and finally we discussed finances.

To make a long, extremely boring, story short, I finally did something useful. I made my first viable contact! Woot. I feel like I've done something worthwhile for the first time in a long time. Now I'm going to go watch an episode of 30 Rock, 'cause I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment